View Single Post
Old 12-31-2019, 11:16 PM   #33
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Re: Jack Del Rio Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Manusky’s schemes were complex for the players, but the on-field result was little blitzing or stunting. There was little pressure on the QB and the results were predictably dismal. The Redskins were 27th in defense in 2019.

Jack Del Rio will take Manusky’s dumpster fire and turn this defense around. He’s taken several team’s defenses from near the bottom to very close to the top! We have some talented personnel that just need to be coached, motivated and instructed to reach their potential. I bet a guy like Sweat will double his sacks next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't like Manusky's defenses either, but the sack rate ranked 4th in 2019.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/dl/2019

That's not no pressure on the QB.

I think it's more accurate to say the pressure was inconsistent, especially against good qbs who could beat a blitz.

I can't find the numbers right off, those with a pff sub probably could, but I believe we blitzed alot. I also believe those blitz's weren't good against good QBs.

I also don't believe the blitzes were coached well and timed well. Good teams picked them up.

I also agree Del Rio is going to be a huge improvement. The two just have very different styles.
Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited by DYoungJelly; 01-01-2020 at 07:15 AM.
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05803 seconds with 10 queries