View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 09:50 AM   #317
GridIron26
Playmaker

Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I'm completely done with Moses. Check out the video where Alex Smith gets his leg crushed. There is Moses watching JJ Watt hitting Smith after Moses just gave yet another DL a free run at the QB on one of his matador blocks. How many times do we see him unsure of which player to block on a blitz and deciding to block neither of them?

He doesn't just pile up false starts. His false starts are at the worst possible times for the team: when we're pinned deep, inside the Red Zone, inside the 5-yard line, moving us outside of field goal position, in the 4th quarter.

Also, I don't see the fire in him. He looks like he's working a 9-5 job.

If he's going to take a penalty, why doesn't he just tackle the DL who just got by him is about hit our QB? He could at least holler "Fore!", "Ole!", or "Watch out!".
Moses didn't seem like he had a lot of passion to play, unlike Penn (he certainly showed it on the field last year even though he knew he was playing for Redskins just for one year). But I don't think it's fair for us to assume that Moses doesn't have the passion, hence the famous quote - don't judge a book by its cover. Some people don't express themselves openly like some people do. I remember Moses had to play through ankle injuries on both ankles in the 2018 season, in fact, he was the only Oline player to play full 16 games that year. After the season, he had to get an ankle surgery to fix the issues. I find it hard to believe Moses would play through those injuries if he didn't have the passion.

Although I'm with you - I think we need to replace Moses when we get an opportunity to find a replacement.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04869 seconds with 10 queries