View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 08:45 PM   #81
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Montae Nicholson Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Not sure where your coming from, of course your average NFL player is not a trained fighter. As someone who boxed as an amateur from the age 14 to 24 I know a little knowledge and experience in any of the self defense arts goes a long way in a physical altercation against an unskilled opponent. If people have equal skills the bigger stronger guy with a solid chin is going to win 99% of the time. Montae's fighting style would have gotten his butt kicked against someone who was sober with even minimal boxing or other self defense skills, but that was not the case.
I'm in the gym 90% of the time working with fighters, and some folks who are learning the martial arts and trying to find out if being a fighter is for them, So i'm kind of sorry, when I saw Irish's post warning someone about fighting an NFL player, like being in the NFL automatically qualified them for being able to dole out a butt whooping. The lesson to learn, like Irish said, is be careful anytime you get in that situation. In my experience, technique beats size and strength on many occasions. I did agree with their point of walking away in an altercation, because no matter how tough you feel you are, someone can easily shoot you dead, especially in a road rage, etc. incident. This is an incident that we should all learn from. As puffed up and "tough" as Montae may have felt after KO'ing that dude, this could have been a sad story if one of the dude's running buddies / girlfriend, etc., blew him away. That's the crazy world we live in now. There's almost no such thing as a fair fight anymore.

Advertisements

Page generated in 2.88930 seconds with 10 queries