View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 12:07 AM   #76
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: NFL Anthem Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Well BLM doesn’t hold their protests during the National Anthem and the same white folks call bullshit on them. I hear what you are saying but I am just saying minds are made up already and racists will never give a crap about a dead black man no matter what the platform. Racism is a disease just like cancer and unfortunately they both find a way to hang around. To paint the kneelers as unpatriotic is just crap that is all im saying really. I wish i had a cure for racism. I wish i had a cure for cancer. I don’t. All I can do is call bullshit bullshit when I see it. Gives me some sense of satisfaction I guess.

I agree that minds made up to be racists won’t be changed, but they’re not the “target audience.” It’s the average person. More specifically, the average white person or person of privilege who has never personally encountered prejudice at the hands of the police. People who are genuinely clueless and who form their opinions based on what they see on tv or read on the internet from sources they think in they can trust - the talking heads in the media. This is in many ways a divided country, but the one thing that should unite us is our love for our country (however flaws it is) and the freedoms it theoretically entitles to all its citizens. But because the players have chosen to protest in a manner that can be twisted to seem unpatriotic, they’ve immediately lost the chance to win over the “undecided” hearts and minds of millions of Americans. Instead of opening sincere but ignorant minds to injustice, they’ve given an opportunity for shitty powerful men to shut that door closed.

You are 100 percent right - it is bullshit. But simply calling it bullshit isn’t going to change anything. I don’t expect loud prejudiced men like Donald trump to change their minds. But other people could. It’s not smart to alienate them. A critical mass must be reached so that there is a change in public opinion. What they’ve tried so far isn’t working. It’s time to try something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.07265 seconds with 10 queries