View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 10:39 PM   #12
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Stafford in WFT Plans? He’s Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
I'll be the odd man out here. I don't want Stafford. He's likely more talented than anyone on our roster - but he's on the wrong side of 30, is a perennial loser even with pretty decent offensive weapons, and would have us giving up draft capital to get him. Not everyone is Tom Brady that can play until they're 40, especially a player that hasn't proven they can elevate the talent around them.

I think we saw during the playoffs we're way more than just a QB away from being a perennial competitor. Henicke had an exceptional game in the playoffs that still wasn't able to bring it home, largely due to large gaps with our LBs, WRs, and DBs.

Honestly, I'm okay seeing what we have in Henicke and Allen this season at QB - or going after a younger vet that would take less/no draft capital (Mariotta, Dak, etc.) while building up the team around. If those players do poorly this year, start looking to being aggressive in the draft for a long-term answer.
The problem in waiting is Stafford quality qb rarely come available...also he is a known commodity. The draft is unknown with a defense ready to win NOW.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.32856 seconds with 10 queries