View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 07:28 PM   #1504
calia
Playmaker

Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Watch the Redskins do something stupid with him and ruin whatever off-season trade value may exist. Bruce Allen is so phenomenally incompetent -- it is staggering.

I cannot help but wonder what is going on in the mind of Dan Snyder. Your team is unwatchable, your stands filled with the fans of your opponents, your team President may be the most reviled man in Washington (and that is saying something, although you're giving him a run for the money), your best player refuses to play for you and shows up only to inch closer to the day when he has no contractual obligation to you, your team is widely viewed as the biggest joke in the league, and you have lifelong fans asking for you to fire Allen, fire yourself, sell the team, etc.

Assuming he's not oblivious to all of this -- and if so, that's one hell of a bubble -- what goes through his mind? Arrogantly thinking, "All these haters are wrong?" Believing that we're really close to being a playoff caliber team, and we just need a few breaks? Not caring because it's a business and he is somehow making money?

I supposed we will never know. But I am pretty close to joining the ever-expanding ranks of former Redskins fans. I just don't see any reason to hope it will get better. Ever. Snyder is about my age -- I may never live to see a different owner. Fuck this is depressing.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04062 seconds with 10 queries