View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 09:44 AM   #24
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Redskins Promote Kevin O'Connell To Offensive Coordinator; Matt Cavanaugh Moves To Senior Offensive Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
I know we probably won't get this answer truthfully, but I'd like to know did this come from Jay? Did he like what he's seen from O'Connell and his coaching/scheming that he wanted more from him? Or is this Bruce/Dan going "hey they say this O'Connell kid is the next McVay...let's make him the OC in case we want to promote him to head coach next season. Hey Jay, O'Connell is your new OC...make it work!"
I have the exact same question, and it's a very important one to understanding whether Redskins Park has actually taken any steps towards competency.

Judging by the reports that the Bowles and Gregg Williams interviews were being arranged by Snyder, I think we have our answer.

Though I don't know what's worse - Snyder stepping in on the defensive coordinator decisions, or Jay going to bat for Manusky.

Hell, if Jay went to bat for Manusky, if I were Snyder I'd probably stick my nose in too. Except I'd do it the right way - I'd fire Gruden and insist on a new Head Coach who's willing to recruit the best coach available, regardless of whether he has a previous working relationship.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05267 seconds with 10 queries