View Single Post
Old 03-06-2004, 01:38 PM   #22
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

Hmm, it's not like LeBron James is any good in the NBA.

I'm just not sure why we treat College as anything other than a farm system for the pros. In basebal, hockey and international soccer, you go with actual farm clubs, and if you're good enough, you move up to the top squad. If not, you learn. We have this weird setup where these guys, whose profession is sports, have to go to college and take algebra and philosophy. Imagine if we made entertainers do that? Why should it matter for athletes? If you can do the job, you should have the opportuinity to get the job. If you can't, that's that. Why allow an organization to have a restrictive policy like this? Merit should be the rule, here as everywhere else.

And don't forget, the colleges make a ton of money,and the players get nothing! How many great athletes have been screwed over by the recruitment and elligibilty rules in football? Imagine that in other fields? Have you ever seen what a law firm does when it recruits new talent? Why should football players be blocked from getting the fair market value for their services? I'm not sure I see how football is so different from everything else, except that it is the greatest sport on Earth.

Let the players play, if they've got the abilities.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.24674 seconds with 10 queries