View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 11:51 AM   #63
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: In memory of our REDSKINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
I cant even consider it caving, either. Ds did everything in his power to keep the team name. This is a singular point in time that this could happen. I'm not getting political or anything like that....but when the sponsors pull, it's like monopoly...when you start mortgaging your properties to pay rent to others....the game is just about over. At this point I dont think ds had much of a choice. If he didnt change, who knows....the franchise may well have dissolved, or moved cities. I think he is changing the name to save the team.
I hope that other teams fans have a little respect in this situation, as I'm sure they have memories as well about times in their franchises history that are dear to them. The divisional rivalries were always a sight to see....like I said...win or lose, it was always something we could all get together on and share time and moments.
Not that we cant anymore...its just..........different
Yeah, I do not blame Dan Snyder at all for this. He was put in an impossible position. He fought for the team, name and fans for two decades, all the way to the US Supreme Court. He promised us the team would never change and held onto that as long as he could. When scumbags at Nike financial blackmail him, the company on the stadium threatens him and the MAYOR OF D.C. also puts an ultimatum on having a home to play in...what owner could survive that? The co-owners that want to bail on him...they certainly were not offended by the team name when it was putting millions of dollars into their bank account...just suddenly when it's trendy. They're going for their 15 minutes of fame.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06134 seconds with 10 queries