View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 09:45 PM   #55
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Not drafting a QB a mistake?

Scot M drafted exactly 1 qb in 4 years with Seattle. His 3rd year. Russell Wilson

Scot M drafted exactly 2 qb's in 5 years at SF. His 1st year, a #1 pick, which some might argue has to be a qb nowadays. Alex Smith. and his last year ( a 5th rounder with no stats next to his name)

A mistake or not (I say not), Scot M clearly doesn't play the revolving qb game through the draft. We have a qb taken #2 overall, and a qb that was a 4th round pick. In 9 drafts before this Scot M took 3 qb's, I think it's safe to say that he doesn't value yearly picks on QB's.

81 total selections by SM at SF and Sea, 3 qb's (4% of draft picks ).

In those 81 selections, you know what he took a lot of? DE/DT/OL 29 out of 81 picks(35%).

We could be so lucky to have that type of focus on the line.

In the same 9 years the Redskins took twice as many qb's, 6, in 14 less picks (67 total, 9%), and nearly half as many DE/DT/OL 15 (22%).

I also take exception with QB being a need as a blind statement of fact. When our line caves in half the time, the qb's (as has been discussed to the nth degree) tended to fall back on their bad tendencies (Griffin holding and running, KC throwing quick INT's). Let's let these guys have quality line play (and blocking TE/RBs) for 1 season then we can go into the qb pool if we have too.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.19231 seconds with 10 queries