View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 11:47 AM   #73
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Not drafting a QB a mistake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Since when did developmental QBs become wasted picks?

I'm guessing you saw their draft board? Or just unintentionally started stating your opinions as facts?

What if Mariota fell? We already know what Scott said he would do.
And just because a QB is drafted in the first 2 rounds does it mean they need to compete for the starting spot.

You mean they traded down and in the process missed the opportunity to draft 2 QBs. Lol, it just happened to be where the QBs were drafted there is no way they knew they were 'going' to be drafted there.

There is value to developing a QB in your system. And in round 4-7 you have players every year that don't even make the club so while its a nice sentiment to expect 'much more' from those picks that's not the reality.

Will we?
So you are basically questioning the drafting philosophy of a well respected NFL talent evaluator (Scot McC) with this whole thread. Who in his time at Seattle, built everything else for two years, and didn't draft a QB until his third year (Wilson).

Seattle's QB option in McC's first two years were an aging Matt Hasselbeck, Tavaris Jackson, and Clipboard Jesus (a.k.a. Charlie Whitehurst).

I think it's okay to wonder why we didn't draft a QB, but I doubt the whole franchise is going to come down in shambles because the team didn't draft some low-round project QB.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06022 seconds with 10 queries