View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 11:13 AM   #25
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

At What Point will NFL Officiating Be Held Responsible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I hope everyone understands the view from the stands or from your TV set is a lot better than from the eyes of a referee on a football field. Referees are calling penalties from watching the play one time full speed at field level. You also have 7 officials watching 22 players, calls will be missed, plain and simple. The problems that make it appear officiating has gotten worse comes down to the evolution of the rules and their interpretation to favor the offense.

There didn't used to be hoards of subjective calls or gray areas, things were cut and dry. Offensive lineman were not allowed to grab in any shape or form or even extend their arms away from their body when blocking. Illegal use of hands or holding could be spotted from the nose bleed seats. Quarterbacks were treated like every one else, a defender at full speed could hit a QB if he was within two strides when the ball was released. Personal foul calls were limited to late hits or taking a swing at someone. I could go on and on, the game is just a lot harder to officiate than it used to be and it seems to get more difficult by each passing season.

Still doesn’t explain what I said above. There’s a team of officials sitting in a booth monitoring everything on multiple screens and angles. Why are they not buzzing down to the field about these OBVIOUS AND BLATANT missed calls?

I’ll tell you why. Because games are fixed now to help ratings. Funny how the Skins and Dallas are playing on national TV this week, the networks need a good viewership. See how many calls were missed in Dallas’ favor last week to help them win, and how many were missed against the Skins last week to help them lose?

It created the show down we have today. It wouldn’t have been nearly as interesting if Washington went to 7-3 and Dallas went to 4-6. NFL is desperate for ratings, and as fan following gets worse they’ll get more desperate.

I’ve lost all respect and credibility for the NFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.36871 seconds with 10 queries