I made a poll too guys!

1. Obama
2. Jesus
3. Gandhi
4. God
5. everyone else
6. Rosie O' Donnell's butthole
7. Trump

The problem with nonsense is you read 1-5 people's opinion and project it onto everybody with similar ideology.

I literally try to coexist and find common ground to stand on with you guys but ya'll never want to give up an inch. It's your way or the highway.

It's why I post less and less in here. Ain't nobody learning shit, ain't nobody interested in coexisting or learning different perspectives. It's just shit talking about how the other side is worthless dumb fucks dragging us down.

Well congratu-fucking-lations assholes, while we all sit here and fight with our own countrymen our enemies worldwide toast how stupid we are.
This has gotten much worse and it sucks. Lets explore why:

1. The parties are being controlled by the extreme elements on both sides. You have Trump's Republican party where him and his followers will openly say outrageous things, spout lies, embrace combative tone, etc. You have AOC, the two Muslim congress women, and there progressive followers saying outrageous things, spout lie, embrace combative tone, etc.

Essentially the samething...Both of these sides our more fringe within their parties and both have loud voices...social media following leads to more media presence. The press will give these fringe out layers of each more attention because it drives a more emotional response from viewers, listeners, etc.

So if your crazy acting, you get more air time.

2. Within both bubbles...it has become less tolerant to agree with the other side because of the backlash from the loudest, most extreme elements within the bubble. Trump will call out and threaten his own party if they don't support him...social media progressive activist will call out, threaten if your not "woke" enough, not green enough, etc. Hence Joe Biden's apology tour before his announcement. So instead of trying to come to an agreement or using reason or logic to get things done...anyone who steps towards the center is routinely criticized to the point of harassment from their own political side.

3. The rise of identity politics, championed by Obama in his second term running/Presidency and continued with Trump campaign/Presidency. Lets organize society by groups now...this is a failure we are seeing across the country. We should want to come together as one nation...

4. Civility and the golden rule...fuck that. Anger only. Its okay now to approach someone in a restaurant and harass them if you don't share the same view. Tell them to go back to their country if they have an accent or because someone wears a MAGA hat assault them.

This is not how you come to an agreement.

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 05-06-2019 at 10:01 AM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04730 seconds with 10 queries