View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 05:31 AM   #56
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Derrius Guice’s ACL tear is latest example of the injury bug devouring the Redskins. Again. And again.

My response is to the point of injuries and I agree with everyone here that there has been a major uptick in them over the last few years ,for many teams. While you're never going to stop injuries in the NFL, it is the nature of the beast I believe and this is"only my opinion" that much of these were(are) brought on by the collective bargaining agreement and the playing surface's now.
Yes there were injuries in the "older days" but not like this. Hitting was always what you did ,to me I don't think the players hit enough, when I played the more you hit the more you got use to it and to me the new rubber fields look great but just plain suck.Do I have any proof of any of this ,no.
I never thought the sport should be a year round thing ,many players just don't get enough time off to recuperate. That's why these guys use to have 7 pre season games ....more time to get into game shape. I still believe these teams aren't ready when the season starts ,they still need at least another 3/4 weeks before they have it down. Again just my take ,thanks.

Last edited by Giantone; 08-15-2018 at 01:52 PM.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05701 seconds with 10 queries