View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 04:39 AM   #26
Warthog
The Starter

Snyder to Stay on a Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
It seems like you put a lot of effort into this post so I ain't gonna ignore it.

But for me, until we see evidence that Snyder is back to his old ways, I trust Ron's process. If Ron can't fix it though, yeah we're probably fucked for life.

Maybe my overly long rant didn’t come out the way I wanted but I think we’re saying the same thing:

Rivera has total control until he either:

1. quits

2. hits the end of his contract and isn’t renewed

3. Snyder fires him

I’m completely psyched about the Rivera era. Look what he’s done in just one year. I’m especially excited about how he has been judicious in spending money on FA, by either forcing players to prove themselves in one year deals or hiring reasonably priced players to fill the weakest areas in the team. This is the exact opposite of Snyder/Cerrato/Allen decision-making which was to “win the Spring” by hiring one or two Uber-expensive “superstar FAs” every year to keep the fan base excited in the off season. However, these players were just cashing in and often played soft, or arrived in camp soft or got hurt easily. Most never came close to fulfilling their cost or potential or hype.

Rivera has also preserved his draft picks and did VERY WELL in his first draft!

I’m very happy as long as Rivera is around because he built his autonomy and independence into his contract. Especially if he keeps winning.

There is also a chance that (hopefully many, many years) in the future that Dan Snyder will learn from the Rivera experiment. That is to bring in NFL-experienced leadership to run an NFL franchise. We’ll see.

Still, I wonder what took Snyder so long to give someone like Rivera the keys to the kingdom. It was only after 20 years of losing, destroying the WFT fan base, being brought under investigation by the NFL, being sued by multiple employees and enduring a civil war within the organization led by the minority owners that Snyder decided to change. This is NOT a man who seems to learn from his mistakes.

For the years to come, Rivera is the man and Snyder just signs the checks!! Maybe Rivera will even influence Snyder to choose a real team name or let the fans pick it via a vote!
TRD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Last edited by Warthog; 04-02-2021 at 05:00 AM.
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04732 seconds with 10 queries