View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 11:47 AM   #55
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Re: Guice injured again

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Gruden's naming Guice the starter for Game 1 and then deactivating AP for the game was among the stupidest things Gruden has done as HC - and that's saying something! The way Gruden gave away HOF RB AP's starting role to someone who hadn't earned it was certain to piss off the veterans on the team.
He is getting slayed for how he handled deactivating Peterson for week 1.

September 7th quote from Jay Gruden:
"So if we have a game where we think we can run the ball 55 times in a game in an I-formation, then sure, I'll get him up."

September 9th, after Guice injury quote from Jay Gruden:
"Who wouldn't want Adrian?"

I am going to toss one more log on the conspiracy fire. Gruden defended deactivating Peterson by stating he needed more LB depth for special teams. He was concerned about kicking to Sproles.

Since AP was not on the active roster for week 1, that can nullify any guarantee of this seasons salary. If, for some unforeseen reason they are thinking about letting AP go and release him, since he was not on the active roster week 1, they can release him anytime this season and not have to pay him for the whole season. Players that are on the active roster by the end of week 1, the entire season salary is guaranteed. If not on the active roster week 1, then there are no guarantees.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05943 seconds with 10 queries