View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 12:51 PM   #143
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Re: Postgame Falcons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
It just really depends where you are at in the states. I am not that far out in the woods. I am only 10 miles away from Interstate 95 which runs the whole east coast of the USA and into Canada. The general area I live in is very backward, the bank I use and their website reminds me of the infant years of the internet, a lot of businesses here don't have websites, and advertise in the phone book like it was 30 years ago. I have customers in other states further off the beaten path than I am yet they have WIFI, broadband internet, piped in natural gas and water. I have none of those things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevier2 View Post
Growing up in an affluent valley-suburbia of Southern California, it's hard for me to even imagine places like this. You don't have gas and water lines?? Even as I've traveled the country and seen some really run-down areas they still had these provided.
I lived in Southern California for 50 years! I wanted to live somewhere else for quite awhile, any time I vacationed in another state I did not want to go home. I researched satellite internet and the cell service for this area before moving, two things, both those services have gotten worse since I arrived here and they were worse than expected to begin with. The electric company here is a joke also, very rough on electronics, I must blow up a microwave oven every year.

There are a lot of large farms with big fancy houses including places that breed expensive race horses in this county, yet the infrastructure is a joke.
I have an aunt that lives in a nice house on the beach in Tijuana Mexico, I am sure you are aware of that city, she has better internet and utilities than I have.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04605 seconds with 10 queries