Thread: 2016 Combine
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 09:46 PM   #81
30gut
Playmaker

Re: 2016 Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
30, imo you listed guys who are late first rounders/borderline 2nd rounds. Ragland probably, Rankin 2nd choice.....

Alexander CB probably goes in the first. Sidenote ive heard a lot of bad things about his tape lately. The main thing is, its not good and he benefited from good safety play and the best Dline in college.
I could see all those guys being gone by 21...

Right about now is when I start tuning out or being really careful about what I read about any prospect. Its officially lying season in the draft process. Agents, front offices begin spewing all sorts of rhetoric to each other and especially to the media with the intent being to mask their true beliefs and sometimes the rhetoric is anywhere from a little misleading to purposefully deceptive and sometimes out right fabrications.

I've watched some Alexander tape and right off the bat I gotta say watching DB play on TV copy isn't the best way to assess DB play. But form what I've watched its good, very good. In man he can press, has quick feet, step for step mirror ability, confidence, good reaction to the ball, good route recognition. Like many college CBs you're not gonna confuse his tackling for a S, but that's most of them. His work in off coverage needs work but his base of ability on film is solid to my eye. I really, wish he ran CB numbers can really help in the comp to the other CBs in the class and from historical data. If Mack is isn't explosive? Lacks good speed, doesn't have decent 3-cone etc I move him down the board but still like him based on his tape.

The knock about surrounding talent can be applied to many prospects from top schools. Take Ragland for example if a draftnik wants to knock his production they could point to his NFL quality DL and schematic advantage playing in a Saban defense. But, Ragland still had to make those defensive calls, still had to make those tackles, still had to defend those passes.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.08183 seconds with 10 queries