View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 04:19 PM   #136
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Draft grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Cooley's film breakdown of 7th round CB Greg Stroman

It seems we finally have a legit punt returner. Cooley says we can absolutely pencil him down as our starting punt returner.

-Only negative is his size, he's not a physical corner and can get easily blocked and bumped.

-A lot of positives as a slot corner, natural athlete, good hips, very good hands, ball hawk, excellent understanding of all route combinations. He thinks he will make plays on the ball and was questioning the fact that his size would really be a problem !
Being a Tech fan...Stroman played early in his career and I thought he really struggled the first couple years as a Hookie, I thought he actually sucked. But I cant remember a player who improved so much as Stroman did at Tech...he turned into a legit force on that defense and of course shined on punt returns. Take K Jarrett another Hookie secondary player we drafted but got injured...Jarrett was a force as a freshman. He played well from day 1 and shined. Stroman put in the hardwork and really developed into a fine player.

What does that tell you? He is very coachable, he can learn and he can improve. He is sneaky good in coverage...but hoping he can be a punt returner first and foremost.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.17292 seconds with 10 queries