View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 02:44 PM   #34
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioskins View Post
I watched Haskins develop here in Columbus for his year at OSU. He is smart, he does catch on quickly. But Urban Meyer does not have a track record for developing pro quarterbacks. Meyer really runs college oriented schemes. So it will take Haskins some time to really grasp the way a pro offense is run. But he is very smart, and he is rather humble, plus he has a lightening bolt on the end of his arm. With patience and the proper grooming, he can be an exceptional QB.
I was listening to some radio talking head but he was more scout oriented, in some way conected to player development in the nfl ..

He liked everything about Haskins but had 2 knocks on him:

Instincts. He said Haskins is football intelligent but doesnt have the instincts the great QBs do. I think I see that, sometimes he holds onto the ball to long looking perhaps to comfortable in the pocket. I try not to judge to much on subjective opinion type analysis but I think you can see that while he is football smart he doesnt have that instinct. However you define "instinct", I dont know.

Inconsistent accuracy. He can be pinpoint accurate on one throw then just miss on another. He said this is something that coaching cant really fix which surprised me bc I think w mechanics and coaching that should be a thing you could improve over time.

Foot work .. goes without saying. Said this is something can be corrected and coached.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.08243 seconds with 10 queries