View Single Post
Old 06-22-2022, 08:40 AM   #198
GridIron26
Playmaker

Re: The stadium thread 2: New stadium boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
My bad, I wasn't trying to start a political debate, and I'm aware there are different kinds of people at any social position. And obviously you can find more competent billionaires than Snyder, and less noisy ones than Musk.

The words "normal" and "billionaires" just sounded oxymoric to me.
I'll also add that, while the NFL is a lucrative business, candidates to buy an NFL franchise would likely tend to also be people attracted by the spotlights and jet-set clout that come with owning one of 32 NFL franchise. Which doesn't really screams "normal" to me.

But I'll be the first to cheer a quiet and competent owner buying this team, if this ever happens.
Nah I didn't see it as you trying to start a political debate at all. I just thought I should share the information that shows there are billionaires who are relatively unknown to the public.

I agree with you on the bold part. I wish there is a way for the public to turn Commanders' private ownership into the public ownership (i.e., Packers). It would have been easy for the shareholders to vote Snyder out. I'm simply dumbfounded by how Snyder has ruined this team and there is nothing we can do about it.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.07490 seconds with 10 queries