View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 03:04 PM   #7
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: New 4th and 15 rule..................

Its intriguing, but I don't like it.

The reason this change is being proposed is because other rule changes have made on-side kicks even more unlikely to succeed than they were previously.

But this proposed change takes, what was a special teams play, and gives it to the offense. Fundamentally, i don't like that, and i think teams would do this with success much more frequently. As a result, what has always been historically been a last-ditch, "hail mary" type-play to give the losing team a glimmer of hope now becomes something that is fairly easily attainable. It's giving the losing team a significant advantage compared to what they've had historically.

And why do we want to do that, other than to add "unearned" drama into a game? If a team wants to win a game, they should play better during the first 56 minutes of regulation. The league shouldn't give them a boost to help them win games when their play for 56 minutes shows they don't deserve it.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.59925 seconds with 10 queries