View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 12:05 PM   #19
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Re: Post Draft Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
What I loved:

1.First 2 picks went towards the most important/impactful positions in the game. 5 year contracts with low cap numbers

2. What made me happier, we threw 2 picks towards 2 area on the team which have been a problem for a couple years, WR and Interior Oline. 4 good prospects...not just nobodies...but 4 solid names. That’s got me satisfied overall with the draft.

3. Special teams and value not forgotten. Kid from UNC and WR from OSU have special teams impact within their value.

Where we missed.

1. Don’t like the Bryce Love pick. Don’t like the Injury nor the fact we wasn’t having a good year...I think we coulda gotten a better RB prospect. But in the 4th, it’s not a major deal and it wasn’t as bad as a Apke pick the year before.

2. You can’t get everything you need in the draft, but Free Safety and TE there were options but that just means we stuck to our board and didn’t reach which should be applauded. While we have some developing depth at TE, I’m not as worried....but at free safety I’m extremely concerned. We should sign someone there with the intention they could get a lot of work or start.

Overall A for me
Have to agree with all of this here. The Love pick was the only one I was partially dissatisfied with.

Although, with C. Thompson's injury past and age catching up, this could turn out to be a valuable pick in a year or so.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.11326 seconds with 10 queries