View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 04:26 PM   #63
Warthog
The Starter

Re: Post Draft Thoughts

I give the draft an A for the 'skins. Not only did they get the players they wanted but in the case of Haskins, they waited for him to fall into their laps without wasting later draft picks to move up and get him.

The Redskins drafted for need. The biggest need was at QB. Alex smith will never play again. We have a couple of scrubs behind him as the backup. So the Redskins got the best QB in the draft for this season's immediate hole and the future franchise QB for the next decade.

Sweat fell in the draft because of a misdiagnosed heart problem. The guy otherwise was a top-10 draft pick Edge rusher. We got him at 26. He will fill the hole left by Preston Smith, who really was just an average player anyway. Again, he fills an immediate need and a long-term starter. We now have a really good DL for the first time since the Gibb's years.

I really like that we went with a couple of picks for WR, because it was one of the worst groups on the team. I still don't know why we let a 1,000 yd speedster like Desean Jackson go, who will now be playing against us for the Eagles. At some point, the front office will have to admit that Dougherty was a flop pick, but because our WR corps is so weak we'll have to endure another mediocre year of watching him mis-run his routes or drop the ball. The WR's are another year of draft picks or FA from being good.

Best Redskins draft in years! Hail!

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06227 seconds with 10 queries