View Single Post
Old 09-16-2022, 10:18 AM   #67
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Pre game Thread - Commanders at Lions Sun 1 pm

"He's got to play better. He didn't play very well last week," Del Rio said Thursday, just moments after calling Davis' performance a "so-so" outing. "I know he expects to play better. He'll be challenged to play better."

"I saw a lot of good things this offseason and it kind of surprised me he didn't play better," Del Rio said, before later adding, "He's worked really hard. I think he prepared to play better than he did in the opener. We expect him to play better."

"Like I said before, just making more plays, going out there, trying to be more consistent, try to fly around and play a lot faster," Davis said.

"When we do get to [that look], we expect him to hold up," Del Rio said on Davis in coverage. "He didn't hold up very well in that situation. He gave up some big completions. So, we need him to be better and we need to do a little bit better job to make sure we keep him out of those situations."

Davis believes if he continues to "trust his technique" when in coverage, things will start to go his way in the future.

"You just gotta trust your technique at the end of the day," Davis said. "That's one of those things that no matter who you wind up against, you just go out there and do what you got to do, the same thing I've been doing all offseason. So I mean, going forward, it's just, no hiccups, just make more plays."

"Going forward, I know who I am as a player," Davis said. "So [now], just go make plays."

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...guars/3158361/

JDR basically said the obvious ... they need to try and limit the times hes 1 on 1 w a WR on in the slot but the times that it does happen, they need him to hold up.

Kam Curl - Im guessing they practiced in TC and planned on having him play in the box/pick up the extra WR etc but with his injury Jamin was the temporary back up plan?

Not ideal but Jamin is our "coverage" LB so hes option B or C, after Curl.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06735 seconds with 10 queries