View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 04:24 PM   #16
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Top Stories Going Into Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I'm not sure it's an unpopular opinion.
Sheehan was advocating for the blow it up strategy earlier this offseason.

But for me the thing is:

A) I don't think it's realistic, especially not with this franchise, and not this year, people's jobs are on the line, they're going to do whatever gives them the best chance to win now

B) I'm not sure it really works that way, I'd say teams that build sustained success try to win year in and year out, and do a good job of drafting with their late round picks rather than hoping for the one high draft pick that's going to turn their roster around

C) I feel like it'd be extremely hard to build a winning culture in a locker room if the players had the feeling the coaching staff and front office guys were not trying to win with everything they got. I mean these guys are not doing politics, they're going onto the field, putting their bodies on the line, to win. Plus a football season is a long period of time to go through, with the media pressure surrounding you and all... I just don't see a winning culture growing thanks to a losing season supposingly being better for the long term future
Honestly, I'm tired of the negative Nancy's that want to blow everything up. The Browns have been blowing things up every year, and that hasn't worked for them.

Like it or not, the Redskins have done a lot of things to try to build their roster, infuse young players, and try to minimize crazy contracts. One of their main problems has been getting blown up like crazy with injuries for two seasons in a row.

If the team went 3-13 for two straight years, I would say blow things up, but that hasn't happened. Honestly, I feel that if we catch a f*cking break with injuries, there is a something that this team could do to build on and get some wins, perhaps even a playoff appearance or two.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04476 seconds with 10 queries