View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 08:37 AM   #14
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: Pre Game Thread - WTFs vs the Rams

JP Finlay wrote this morning:

If Allen doesn't excel as Washington's starter, the job could be Smith's. And a few quotes this week might support that theory:

Ron Rivera on Kyle Allen's job security: "This will be a game-by-game situation. I think Kyle goes in and he’ll do the things he can and do the best he can and we’ll go from there."

Jonathan Allen on the QB situation: "Alex Smith is a pro's pro. Honestly, I have high expectations for the people on this team and organization. Alex is a prime example of guys with high expectations, not only from the team but of themselves. I'd be more surprised if he didn't come back from the injury, just knowing the kind of player he is and the personality he has and the kind of work ethic he has. So, I'm not surprised at all. If he needed to play, he could definitely do it. He could do it at a high level and I have all the faith in him."

Ron Rivera on Alex Smith working back from the compound fracture: "I’ve been impressed with it. Again, knowing that he’s been cleared to play and then watching him working, especially the last couple weeks, has been outstanding. I just have no trepidation having him come in and play if that’s what happens.”

Stay tuned, sport movies tend to have climactic finishes, and so far, Smith's comeback from injury has certainly resembled a Hollywood story.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06932 seconds with 10 queries