View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 02:16 AM   #41
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Redskins Free Agent Signings 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Rumors are that the Redskins wanted Amari Cooper and were “all in” to sign him at $25 mill/yr. He just resigned at $20 mil /yr with Dallas. If true this was to be THE BIG signing for this FA period. This is why they were outbid for TE Hooper and why they went for the bargain basement signing of Kendall Fuller at CB.

So our real biggest “signing” is Scherff with the franchise tag at $16 mill.

The Bostic resigning was expected and the OL Guard signed is a backup to Martin.

Flowers is gone to Miami for $10 mill yr versus our offer of $8 mill.

I’m really surprised they didn’t go for Hooper. We have NOTHING at TE and the TE draft pool is small. The TE FA left may be more economical but they aren’t that good either. Unless we get a second rounder for Trent, then we’ll only have a third round pick to draft for a TE. The best TE’s will be gone in the draft also unless Kyle Smith finds a gem in the depths of the draft or UDFA. Not sure how we’re going to fix the TE hole now unless we take Ebron or something. He’s just average at best.

I don’t know if the Cooper story is true. But it explains why the Redskins entry into FA has been pretty lame so far. Getting Cooper would have made our WR corps ELITE. Getting an average TE in FA or the draft wouldn’t have mattered because DC would be trying to defense against the MacLaurin/Cooper/Sims dynamo

I wonder what our “Plan B” will be in FA. We’ve scrimped so far in FA and have lots of cap money available. Are they going to spend it or let it sit there?

We need LB, S and an answer at OT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know, I know I may be the minority on this, but I'm quite glad we didn't sign Cooper to a massive contract. He's definitely very good, but to me he's not truly elite, anyway not to the level of the likes of Julio Jones, Michael Thomas, DeAndre Hopkins etc...

For me that kind of big money splashy move should warrant a true WOW factor playmaker, which I don't see Cooper as.

So sure you want to bulk that receiving corps up, but I like what we have, I hope we can find some young talent in the draft, and FA isn't over, I wouldn't hate bringing Robby Anderson, Sanders or Funchess on a cheaper contract.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.49529 seconds with 10 queries