View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 12:11 PM   #50
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Re: Skins vs the Cards Pregame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
While watching the Thursday night game, I couldn't help but compare the Eagles and Falcons issues to how the Redskins may come out on Sunday.

Atlanta had difficulties scoring TDs last year after moving the ball down the field. They had the same issues last night. Sound familiar?

Hopefully with Smith they have taken a step forward with correcting the red zone issues, but I didn't see any progress on that front in the limited action I saw in the preseason.

Also, Philadelphia's offensive starters didn't play much together during the preseason (sound familiar?), and it was apparent for most of the game as Foles wasn't sharp, and they weren't on the same page a lot.

It's hard to call the first game of the season a must win, but it is an NFC game, which makes it important in my mind. The Redskins well known track record under Gruden in home openers is terrible. Here's to hoping that all the reps in practice together is enough to get them off to a fast start. It would be nice to see them come out and smash Arizona in the mouth, step on their necks and keep the foot down for four quarters.

Redskins 33
Cardinals 16
I agree with what you're saying, it was really both QB's who were struggling. The QB is such an important position that if they struggle, the entire team does as well. Kirk was notorious for starting the season slow and revving it up in later weeks. Which I think contributes a bit to our 0-4 openers with Gruden. (It's not the sole reason though IMO)

I'm hoping Smith comes out like he did last year against NE and looks ready. I expect to have some rust and see some first game mistakes but if we can play a decent game we should win this one.

With Philly already having a W as well we can't afford to let them get ahead after the very first week.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06375 seconds with 10 queries