View Single Post
Old 07-13-2022, 08:29 AM   #65
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Training Camp is fast approaching What....

I think this Cam Sims discussion is getting a little silly. He will get a chance. But remember, he has gotten a chance every year. The last few years we've had McLaurin and a bunch of jags, and Cam Sims has put up very modest numbers. 2020 was his best season, he put up 477 yards on 32 catches with 1 TD. Last year, even with Samuel hurt, he put up 15 catches for 211 yards.

I don't think the problem is he hasn't gotten a chance. There haven't been world beaters at WR ahead of him. Was Adam Humphries really burying him on the depth chart? If Cam Sims was a good player he would have emerged.

You could say the QB will make a difference. Last year Heinicke threw for 3400 yards, and Wentz threw for 3600. But in 2020 with musical chairs, our QBs threw for 3800 yards.

Add it all up and I can't see Cam Sims going above his 2020 production when he put up 32 catches for 477 yards and two TDs. I think you guys are saying a lot of nonsense about potential production without being grounded in the reality of what has actually happened.

He's just a guy who can occasionally make a play. Don't expect anything more.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04640 seconds with 10 queries