View Single Post
Old 09-08-2022, 09:40 AM   #175
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Commanders Regular Season Thread vol 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I think you could make an argument to put us from anywhere btw no. 23 (panthers) and 30.

I do think this tossed in quote "The erratic Wentz's ability to get the ball out accurately and on time will be vital to success, but the cupboard is far from bare on offense." .... is the big question on offense.

Our offense seems to be misdirection, short pre determined passes, trying to get the ball to Gibson/mckissic/etc in space, designed 3-5 yard plays with the hope of broken tackle for more yards and then bam! hit them with a PA to McLaurin.

We did the short paper cut stuff well but never had the arm to stretch the field so D collapsed and stuffed the box etc

Wentz has the arm and likes to go long so thats not a problem .. but what if we have a drop in the short efficiency stuff

Our strength becomes a weaknesses, vice versa ..

Excited to see the actual on field product.
If you listen to Keim, you should know that he feels that Wentz' arm strength will be a key to the short and intermediate passes. Another thing that was an issue with Heineke.

Wentz is his own worst enemy. His highs are very high, but his lows are terrible. The key to him being successful is to cut down on mistakes. I don't think this team needs to go deep ball crazy, we have the potential of a good running game and plenty of receivers that can get the ball in space and make plays.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06717 seconds with 10 queries