View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 08:34 PM   #58
GusFrerotte

Re: Redskins’ popularity wanes - PFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
It's because even some of the brightest minds out there are basically fickle and stupid when it comes to being fanatical about their team. Opinions change day to day (minute by minute on our gameday threads). But I've said this a 1000 times and I'll say it again, I believe one of the hardest things for Snyder to do (and I believe he now is) is to take off his lifelong fan hat and put on the owner hat. We have the fortune of being fans who can be irrational and retarded. Unfortunately for Snyder, when he bought the team he basically had to stop being a fan of the team. Our irrationality can go unchecked. His can't

I still think the economy and the heat are keeping most of the folks away. If there is any factor that is team related that is keeping fans away it is the QB situation. The team made all the right moves other than that. They are getting younger, addressed needs in the draft, younger FAs, etc. A lot of these never satisfied, fickle fans, have written them off because of the Beck situation. I haven't written them off, but I am not sure how Beck is going to do if he did manage to beat out Rexy for the #1 spot. Also, face it man, we haven't had a real strong playoff team since 1999/2000 when Johnson and co set all of those offensive records. That was the last really decent O line we had, etc. Since then a lot of HCs and QBs have come and gone and the fanbase has been faced with mediocre football. The economy, the heat, and the Beck talk, all can be seen as why camp attendance is down.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 1.12991 seconds with 10 queries