View Single Post
Old 03-15-2022, 05:25 PM   #52
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: Commanders Free Agency Tamper Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Im with you 100% on to early to tell or starting moaning ... id rather be quiet vs over paying and weve seen overpaying so far.

But Im not doing that here.

Our starters on secondary are inked in, locked in for 2022. McCain/Curl are your starting safeties, Jackson/Fuller/St Juste are your top 3 corners. I like McCain for what he is a low end starting caliber safety. But he is a starter and im fine with it. I wouldnt be fine with Everette or Reaves type player as a starter week 1.

I did want a clear upgrade at FS but Im not bashing McCain the player. I did want someone who I can trust going single high to be able to stay single high and not let someone get behind him. A true sideline to sideline FS. McCain is a poor man's coverage safety imo.

I dont think im jumping the gun saying McCain/Curl/Jackson/Fuller/St Juste are the starting 5 ... the same starting 5 we had last year sans Collins.

We are going to add a safety, ad a CB4 and CB5 but the starters are pretty locked imo.
I am not ready to say that just yet. It's entirely possible, but it's way too early to say that.

3 days after the tampering period started last year we signed Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyler Larsen, Kyle Allen, and Dustin Hopkins.

4 days after the tampering period started last year we signed William Jackson and Curtis Samuel.

After that - Adam Humphries, Darryl Roberts, De Andre Carter, Sammis Reyes, Ereck Flowers.

Then we had the Draft...

Then we brought in Charles Leno, Bobby McCain, Ricky Seals-Jones, some other depth pieces throughout the summer.

I'm not sure how you can think - definitively - that they are done in the secondary, or any position group for that matter.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04668 seconds with 10 queries