View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 10:15 AM   #139
MTK
\m/

Re: Dwayne Haskins preseason thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I think he's just not going to see some things out there. He's going to think he's looking at a Tampa 2 that suddenly morphs into a Cover 3. I think he's also going to be surprised by the speed of LBs and their ability to run and cover - Jaylon Smith and Vander Esch come to mind. I think he's going to throw his fair share of rookie INTs in key situations, even if he's well managed within the offense. Just flat brain fart moments, I think they'll happen. He's just raw.

Your point on fumbles is important though. Alex was good at securing it when he got caught in the pocket. Whoever plays at QB will need to do the same. Cousins killed us in that regard and it's a very underrated element of QB play.
True but that's all stuff a rookie QB needs to go through in order to learn and develop. I'd like to see him get at least 8 starts this year. This idea that some have of him sitting all year is absurd. The only way I'd be ok with him sitting all year is if Case is playing lights out and we're in a playoff hunt.

Advertisements

Page generated in 2.12598 seconds with 10 queries