View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 12:40 PM   #41
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Re: Offseason Roster Moves Thread

Question is whether RR is looking at a 2 or 3 year cycle then set things up to maintain a level.

If he's going 2 year (this years draft and FA to get competitive, next years to show success) then he's got to patch the line up and probably get in a top TE now. On that basis I'd try and get TW back (and get his replacement in next years draft) and sort the Scherff situation out, then draft competition at RT, keeping the 2 best of the 3. But, assuming we draft Young, are you going to get a starter at RT in rd 3 or lower?

If he's going for a 3 year plan, then he can leave some of the pieces in place as now, and round out the starters using next years draft, though I'd still build up the OL now to protect the QB and RB's if nothing else. He could get a serviceable TE or 2 in FA until he can draft a starter and one or even both tackles next year. Again, I'd try and get TW back to postpone the need for an LT in this draft, else maybe LT has to be an FA find.

I agree on going after someone like Boston, as we can then concentrate on the other positions in the draft. We sign him to a 2 or 3 year deal and we can then hang on for maybe 2 years to draft an FS. But I think we'll only get a longer term solution at FS via the draft, a la ST, so we need to draft that guy wihtin 3 years. probably the same for starting CB (Moreland might evolve into a starter but I don't see that as nailed on).

He can't fill all our gaps and make us a SB contending team in one off season (unless he gets lucky), and given the age of players already on the roster in certain positions I'd concentrate on OL now, and the rest next year.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.02798 seconds with 10 queries