View Single Post
Old 03-06-2004, 07:01 PM   #29
Hail to the Redskins
The Starter

You know... to put my 2 cents in on this whole situation...

I think it's pretty wild how people can say that the ruling wasn't justified.

I hate to point this out and get in the middle of this whole argument, but many times in your statements Beem, you basically infer that someone can "sue to GET a job" as a doctor or whatever with no experience.

What's wrong with that is the fact that all this ruling decides is that they have the right to APPLY for that position. If I wanted to try and get a job as a surgeon? At least I CAN apply. Naturally they'd laugh me out of the hospital, because I am nowhere near QUALIFIED, nor do I have the SKILL... but see, deciding whether I am qualified and talented enough? That is up to the individual hospital director.

You can't say to someone over the age of 18, sorry, you can't even APPLY for this job because of your age. All Clarett's ruling says, is that if you are old enough to vote, old enough to fight for this country... you are old enough to TRY and make a living for yourself.

It's strange how people are sooooo dead set against this. I mean, the owners should be able to hire Mickey Mouse if they want to. They OWN that franchise and could run into the ground if they choose. I mean, come on man, do you REALLY think this will "RUIN FOTBALL FOREVER AND EVER" ??

If an 18 year old kid gets drafted, he'd go to camp, and if he sucked, he wouldn't start, and would be cut. That simple. That team just wasted a draft pick... big deal. Just because a guy high-schooler gets drafted doesn't mean he's going to be killed on the football field.

That is one thing I think is REALLY exaggerated in this whole thing... the saying that 18 year-olds would be killed by these NFL players.

Sean Taylor is being compared to Ronnie Lott, laying out devestating blows on opponent's wide recievers... many of whom are 18-19. I don't recall him actually brutalizing or permantly injuring any of these young bucks.

I personally am not a Clarrett fan, but my whole school of thought is... If a kid is 18, not booksmart, but one HELLof a great mechanic... when he gets out of high school, he should be able to get a job as such. To make a mechanic go to at least 3 years of college first wouldn't make sense to me, or seem fair.

I really don't see how this is such a tremendously awful thing.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04253 seconds with 10 queries