View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 03:17 PM   #7
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: The Obama Years- A GOP love story

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
That's because you don't make that much money or have 33 to 35% of your income going to pay federal taxes. That does not even include the other state, property, or sales taxes. Some making a little over $250,000 per year are paying 40 to 50% of their income into taxes. Not sure how anyone could be for that. I know several people who make over $250,000 per year and they work harder then anyon I know and earn every penny they make.
The problem I mostly have are the tax havens and loopholes the ultra rich use to avoid taxes. You have your guys like Mitt dodging taxes like a mofo and paying some stupid rate like 14% or lower (which is why he didn't show his taxes in length).

The guys making 250k aren't dodging taxes, aren't using tax loopholes. (for the most part) Personally, I would move that tax increase to 1 million and then close ALL tax loopholes. It's never going to happen though because the people voting for it are millionaires themselves.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05292 seconds with 10 queries