View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 03:19 PM   #17
Kope
Special Teams

Re: NFL Anthem Policy

I served over 20 years in combat arms units, been deployed alot. After seeing how people live and governments in alot of different countries across the world it reinforced the importance of the constitution and the bill of rights. I think it is flat wrong for sports to make a political stance. We have the right to say what we want. We have the right to assemble. We have the right to bear arms. We have the right to pursue happiness.

I believe there are more appropriate methods of protest in this case and would prefer the picked a more appropriate symbol. But I believe much more strongly that the players absolutely have the right to protest so I support the players.

The biggest problem this country has is the two major news networks citizens have access to make money by dividing people into red and blue, this and that. They make money by polarizing issues and demonizing opposing view points. It is not alot different than the yellow journalism of the Spanish American war....remember the Maine.

Extremism in any form is bad. When I run across a person who is supports entirely red or blue agendas I find them to be intolerant, close minded and unable to think for themselves. Every person I voluntarily spend time with support views from both sides of the spectrum.

The above two paragraphs are germane to the topic because this should not be an issue that requires a rule. The rules are in the constitution. This has been politicized by the media because it makes them money.
Kope is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05857 seconds with 10 queries