View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #49
GusFrerotte

Re: Redskins’ popularity wanes - PFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLC1054 View Post
There's a level of bullshit in this fanbase that's unbelievable.

After years of having the "win now" mentality, and losing, the team is finally rebuilding, finally adding team first players instead of me first players, has dynamic young players, is making smart free agent signings and spending money wisely, has completely removed Dan Snyder from football operations...they're pretty much doing everything the fanbase has been demanding for years...

...And NOW is the time when people say they're tapping out and don't want to show up and support the team?

Christ...

Whoa dude!!!!!!!!! Frying your ass off just to watch a practice isn't such an alluring activity to many. I mean you are not watching a scrimmage, just a practice. Are you really going to take time off of work, etc to watch a practice in killer heat? I don't think so. As the economy worsens, the interest in pro sports in general will wane(meaning see it live). Look at the stands sometime if you can catch a E European soccer match. Not too many folks in the stands. They have more things to worry about than watching sports, things like getting food on the table, or securing a job etc. With inflation getting worse, ticket prices will soar and folks will stay home and watch on the tube. I am sure this is going on with the other camps as well.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03813 seconds with 10 queries