View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 07:36 PM   #27
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Chase Young or Three First Round Picks?

To trade down I wouldn’t want to go below the 5th pick. To take the trade I would need Miami to tell us who they’re moving up for. If they say Tu’a then I entertain the offer because we’d get Isaiah Simmons or Andrew Thomas, assuming Chase Young goes 3 to Detroit. But I think I’d need a sweetener beyond the 5th, 18th, and 26th honestly. If they throw in a 2nd in 2021 then it’s probably at the point where I can’t refuse it.

If Miami won’t tell us who they want at 2, then I don’t continue listening. I’d want to be assured of Chase Young, Isaiah Simmons, or Andrew Thomas.

No matter what I make all suitors sweat it out and I don’t take a deal until I’m on the clock.

This is honestly the way we need to think about the impact Young could have for us. PFF has never graded a college pass rusher this high. He’s their highest graded yet. The value of that is just so enormous.

Khalil Mack goes to the Bears, massive improvement on defense year 1. Von Miller goes to Denver, wins a Super Bowl. Nick Bosa goes to SF, they make the Super Bowl.

The pass rusher isn’t solely responsible but we have cap space, we can solve other problems. It takes an epic haul to turn down Chase Young.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04872 seconds with 10 queries