View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 01:00 PM   #31
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: The Haskins Threat 2.0

Here’s a recent take from Kevin O’Connell on the improvements in these aspects of Haskins’ development as an NFL quarterback:

I don’t have to give him the play three or four times in his headset before he’s got it. I can now say it once and there’s still seven or eight seconds left on the play clock before the headset cuts out and I can say, ‘Hey, remember two-deep or pressure here, we’re throwing this.’ I can give him coaching points, which allows him to click right into the play and he starts to be like, ‘If I can know the play call, that’s the easy part. Now I can understand breaking the huddle,’ – we’ve been out of the huddle in some cases on third down before 20 seconds on the play clock, which is really, really good for us.

The other thing that he’s done a really good job with is his cadence. At Ohio State, I don’t know if he was using a lot of double counts and hard counts and dummy counts and things, trying to get the defense to unlock their disguise. I don’t know if he was doing things at the line of scrimmage with motions and shifts to try to give him information that allows him to know exactly where to set his feet and eyes and be aggressive.

He’s really starting to understand how that plays into the pre-snap success we talk a lot about leading into the post-snap success. It might be really small things that people watching the game might not notice, but every single time he does it I get really, really fired up about it because I know where that’s building for him and what’s to come for him.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/12/26...kins-qb-period

Lengthy well written article on Haskins development and a ton of comments from KOC.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03894 seconds with 10 queries