View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 01:54 PM   #155
WillH
The Starter

Re: Welcome your Washington Commanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Well, that does it for me. I was never a fan of the Commanders name.

A lot has transpired in the last 24 hours. Now we know that the Commanders were never a "finalist" in the names, it was chosen from almost day 1 of the new "search".

Jason Wright, who says that we couldn't use the name Red Wolves because of trademark issues, had no problem with taking the same name AND hash tag from the San Antonio Commanders, Semi-pro team. #takecommand

Dan still remains the owner no matter what, he is most likely a sex crimes king pin that will never see justice, couple all of that with the fact that we are putting lipstick on a pig. New uniforms, new logo / seal (with incorrect championship dates on it no less), and it is still going to be the same miserable fan experience - crumbling junky FedEx field that is only 25 - 50% full at any given time.

This is the farthest thing from the team I grew up with liking, for an organization that swore this rebranding would keep ties to the past and our heritage, of which this new name and scheme does nothing.

Twitter seems to be blowing up full of negatives and the horrible botch / hack job that this was. I honestly think this is the biggest F up in Sports History that I have ever saw, from the whole concept to the leaked unveiling at the very end.

I hope the mods let me stick around on some of the other threads / boards, I really have enjoyed talking to everyone over the years and I felt like I got along with mostly everyone.

But my Washington fandom is checking out after all of this. I've had a lot of ups and downs with this team, mostly downs, but still lots of good times! Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!
My thoughts exactly

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.72721 seconds with 10 queries