View Single Post
Old 03-04-2022, 10:01 AM   #194
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Probably some legit reasons why people aren't going back to work, but I know it's more fun to just assume they are lazy bastards.

It's going to take some time. Covid is just loosening it's grip, and a lot of people took advantage of early retirement.
That and surprising uptick in new startups .

https://eig.org/news/new-start-ups-b...at%20Recession.

New Startups Break Record in 2021: Unpacking the Numbers
Jan 19, 2022
By Daniel Newman and Kenan Fikri

Key Findings:

Nearly 5.4 million applications were filed to form new businesses in 2021 — the most of any year on record, based on the latest data from Census Bureau’s Business Formation Statistics.
The exceptional pace means there were roughly 1.9 million more business applications in 2021 — a 53 percent increase from 2019 and a notable improvement on that especially strong year for economic performance.
Nearly one-third, or 1.8 million applications, were for likely employer businesses — a subset of total applications capturing those most likely to hire employees if and when a business becomes operational.
Likely employer business applications are up 37 percent over 2019 levels and up 17 percent relative to 2006, the prior peak. Seven of the top 10 highest monthly totals for likely employer filings came last year.
Applications for businesses likely to hire employees rose in every state in 2021, but faster in some parts of the country than others, especially in the Southeast.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.07193 seconds with 10 queries