Thread: Ron Rivera
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2022, 10:49 AM   #23
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Eagles hurried up because they knew. So they were able to see the replay and run a play but Ron wasn’t able to throw a flag?
It was 0-0 at that point so timeout schmimeout.

Anyway no there is nobody to replace him now. We will suffer through another year. After which I really hope we give some coordinator a shot. Maybe Bieniemy? Idk. But a change is necessary.
They knew? I'm not buying that. Teams hurry up all the time when it's a big play and it's close - just in case. Sometimes a challenge is warranted, and sometimes it's not. Hurts knew it was close and wanted to hurry up before a flag could be thrown, and RR was one second too late - I'll give you that.

Look, I'm not saying that a challenge flag shouldn't have been thrown, but honestly the defense was playing fine up to that point, and even after that play they only gave up 3 points. I'm just not a fan of just throwing the flag if you aren't sure it's warranted.

Anyway, not throwing the challenge flag one second earlier is like the last thing I'm concerned about after watching that game.

If you want a turning point, look at Carson's fumble on their own 23 yard line - followed by Philly's first TD.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04467 seconds with 10 queries