View Single Post
Old 01-20-2023, 01:21 PM   #262
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: Wild Card Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Waste a year to fuck around and find out?
I’m ok with Sam getting a shot but how about he wins the job in camp?
Keep drafting till you get it right.
Is Sam the guy? We don’t know so you keep drafting QBs.

That would be a sound strategy if we had a complete team, and unlimited picks. I hear you Jamf, but without an oline it doesn’t matter who plays quarterback. We also desperately need a mlb, and a shut down corner or said quarterback is going to need to put up 30 a game without an oline. I absolutely do not want to spend a first round pick on any of these guys coming out - especially after seeing a little bit of what Howell is capable of. Certainly don’t want a project in the second or third round either when there will be immediate impact players available at other positions. You want to get another guy in the fourth or fifth go ahead but Howell will beat him out. Build around Howell. If he flops next year at least we may have put together some semblance of a line and sured up the D. Than it will be much easier to spend an early pick on another quarterback. You can blame Ron for wasting money and resources on Wentz and completely fucking up the oline. He made terrible personnel decisions and that is why we are in this position. There is just no way we can reach on a quarterback with the other holes we have. It is an absolute silver lining we grabbed Howell in the fifth round. He is way better than a fifth round talent. Way better.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.08978 seconds with 10 queries