Thread: Antonio Gibson
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 07:20 AM   #17
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Antonio Gibson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
Redskins beat report on twitter said sources have said he will line up in the backfield with Peterson or Guice in 21 personnel. I’m sure he will flex out a bunch too.
Hmmm interesting. Think I found it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Coryell

Norv Turner, a former Washington Redskins and San Diego Chargers head coach, and offensive coordinator of the Dallas Cowboys, San Francisco 49ers and currently the Carolina Panthers, also implements a version of the Coryell style of offense. The Turner strain of Coryell offenses are still very reliant on a good receiving TE. Norv Turner strains sometimes feature an 'F-Back' (formerly known as an 'H-Back' in the 1980s), a hybrid tight end/wide receiver/fullback/running back. An F-Back is a multi-purpose, unpredictable tool for the offense. On any play he may carry the ball, lead block or pass block, play as a wide receiver, or run a tight end route. He is also part decoy, as his unpredictable role forces defenses to keep an eye on him, thereby opening up other opportunities for the offense.

Norv’s influence on Scott. It’s gonna be a little bit of a Cooley type that Gibbs used except focus will be less blocking, more vertical up the field

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.39626 seconds with 10 queries