View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 07:29 AM   #39
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: Report: New harassment allegations against the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Well they didn't tell me what they where looking for, nor what was banned, they just told me, nice security lady actually, "I have to see what's written to let you in", so I don't know exactly what's the policy
They're censoring signs and T-shirts that might be taken as negative toward Dan Snyder, Frenchy.

The comments on this board about the signs go back to 2009 when Dan Snyder and Vinnie Cerrato, commonly referred to as "Dumb and Dumber" at the time, were at war with their own team's fans. The following snippet from a 2009 Washington Post article should provide you with some background:

And now it’s Mike Broderick, a longtime season ticket holder, who came to the Chiefs game with Dumb and Dumber signs, attracting a security official who threatened to seize his season tickets. The guard told Broderick he could either go to the security office, leave the stadium, or hand over the signs. So Broderick asked if he could put the image on a t-shirt instead.

“That would be kind of offensive,” the security official said.

“It’s offensive to come to these games,” Broderick said he replied.

Broderick gave up the signs, and came back on Monday Night with new signs hidden under his jacket, and with t-shirts to match. The signs were about to be taken, as NFL Network cameras rolled live, and Broderick showed the security guy the team’s old policy, printed in his telephone yellow pages, which he had brought as proof. Policy’s been changed, he was told. Eventually, he said, security also made him turn his t-shirt inside-out, calling P.G. cops in for support. He said I could use his name, because his frustration overwhelms any fear of losing his seats.

“I’m to the point where I can’t even give the stupid tickets away because people are so frustrated,” he said.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.32947 seconds with 10 queries