View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 01:10 AM   #44
Warthog
The Starter

Report: New harassment allegations against the Redskins

The importance of the NFL taking over the Snyder investigation can’t be overstated. A CRITICAL factor is that the “non-disclosure clause” has now been LIFTED from all current and past employees. Snyder used his money and attack lawyers to stifle employees from coming forth with the truth by threatening to sue them. It has taken very brave past and present WFT workers to face down Snyder’s scare tactics using his lawyers and his ability to outspend anyone in the legal system.

Opening the floodgates almost certainly means that more allegations and charges will come against the team. Snyder had to drop the threat to sue (because of his non-disclosure employee clauses), in order to look like he “welcomes this further investigation”. Truthfully, he has been backed further into a corner by the latest and serious charges in the most recent WaPo article . Some of the long-standing Sports writers for the Post have written scathing editorials blasting Snyder and his alleged misdeeds.

Snyder has a tough time defending himself. On the one hand, he has continually micro-managed all aspects of the teams operations from the start, including using acting GM’s and VP’s like Bruce Allen and Vinny Cerrato, as a proxy to do his bidding into player hires, draft picks, etc. Dan copied his hero, Jerry Jones, for the extra-intrusive nature of his personal management. However, I doubt even Jerry makes his employee’s “avert there eyes near him”, address him as “Sir or Mr Snyder”, “don’t eat in his presence”, or “turn around and walk the other way” if they approach HIS EMINENCE. Snyder also likes the paperclips on his desk to be daily placed going only in one direction on his desk. With this type of megalomania it is really tough to imagine that Dan had absolutely NO KNOWLEDGE of the omnipresent sexual harassment, smut movies using unpaid team cheerleaders, misogynistic atmosphere and his highest level managers asking cheerleaders (in his name) to have sex with team friends while on exotic swimsuit photoshoot’s - again with no pay!

Yet, Snyder now claims he knew nothing about ANY OF IT because he was too “hands off” as the owner. Personally, I think Snyder felt so protected by his money, his attack lawyers and his employee’s non-disclosure forms that he thought he could do anything, and get away with it indefinitely. Perhaps he might snake his way out of all these charges, as he has before. BUT, I think it could be JUST AS LIKELY that the owners group will QUIETLY FORCE HIM TO SELL. The bad press is making all the owners to look bad. This is especially difficult for the NFL as they try to get women to watch more football. There are now personal charges against Dan regarding him asking a cheerleader to sleep with a friend. No way to prove this private conversation, but she did tell friends when it occurred. I think the owners will act against Dan after the season is over. Not a moment too soon!!! We may have a mediocre season but it will all be worth it if Dan is removed and we get a new name!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06460 seconds with 10 queries