View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 10:01 PM   #60
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Re: Come up with a new name for the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackLord View Post
Hello all,

I have lurked here for years, but the current situation has motivated me to join this fine forum. I have bled burgundy & gold since 1971. I am sick about the name change and am trying to come to terms with it.

IMHO the best scenarios are:

1) Washington Warriors: Switch to the 1960s spear logo and tweak the fight song. Most everything remains so it would be palatable. The one problem- and it could be a big one- is that we would still be in the realm of Native Americans with the spear logo

2) Washington Redhawks: Take a cue from Miami University in Ohio. Switch to the late 60s/early 70s "R" logo and tweak the fight song. Emphasize the scripted Rs and avoid too much bird talk. Hassle free as the Native American stuff is jettisoned once and for all.

More unconventional choices:

Washington Braves: I am a stickler for tradition and Braves is the original name. Having one syllable makes the fight song harder to tweak. And we are still in Native American territory.

Washington Redskins: I used to think that maybe Snyder could ditch the current logo and return to the aforementioned "R" logo. Also expunge any other Native American references. Then issue a press release that states the name now refers to the color of the uniforms, nothing more. But I doubt Snyder could pull it off.

Washington Hogs: With the right moves, it could work.
I don’t want a name that is already another franchise name. See the Golden state warriors of the NBA.

I like the Redhawks.

Personally a fan of the Atlanta Braves, but again don’t want to share a team name.

Hogs is a terrible name.

I still say Washington Renegades should be strongly considered and use the Redskins “R” logo.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.22391 seconds with 10 queries