View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 12:04 PM   #178
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Super Bowl Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
He's had the best career, i'll grant you that. But as a pure football player (superbowls are team feats, not qb feats and Brady was on some extremely talented teams . . . look a the year he got injured. the patriots went 11 - 5 with matt cassel as their qb) i think there are plenty QB's that were better than him, Manning, Rodgers, Montana, Elway, Marino, etc. were all better QB's IMO . .. but were not as lucky as Brady was that he had a great organization at building teams around him . . . then picked a team ripe with talent that just needed a QB and a few pieces in tampa. Hell Gronk says this Tampa team was by far the most talented team he has played on. just my opinion.

Definitely something to be said about circumstance. I have thought for years that Brady was an excellent quarterback in an excellent situation but the more I watch Him the more I believe he makes it look so easy that his talent is somehow overshadowed. Like Tim Duncan as a basketball player. He is never talked about as the greatest but the guy just was so methodic and accurate and smart. He just won championships and made it look easy. Brady will always, always make the right read. It is uncanny actually. He is also the ultimate field general.

Last edited by punch it in; 02-09-2021 at 12:25 PM.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04829 seconds with 10 queries